CARES Continuing Education Program
CARES CEUs 2019
- All CARES from cohorts 1-31 are required to earn 12 CEUs each year to keep their certification active. All qualifying CEUs for 2019 must be earned between January and December 2019.
- Six CEUs for each year must be earned by attending a CARES Academy Connect, so please plan accordingly.
- It is the responsibility of each CARES to track the number of CEUs s/he has attained. Click here to submit your 2018 CEUs.
- CARES with access to Relias On-line training may submit the classes listed here to meet CARES CEU requirements.
- If a CARES attends classes other than those offered by or pre-approved by CARES, s/he can click here to request approval of the CEUs. S/he may also request and complete the same form for pre-approval of classes.
- If you have not earned your CEUs in any year after you complete the CARES Academy, your certification will become inactive. Click here for instructions on reactivating.
Each CARES is responsible for being aware of and maintaining the requirements for keeping her or his certification active. Because CARES is a Medicaid-billable service, adherence to the continuing education standards represented on this page is critical not just for the success of the individual CARES, but also for the program as a whole.
Moving And Shaking
CARES are selected in part because they are active in life–movers and shakers in their communities. It is the CARES’ responsibility to contact GCSA to notify us of changes in email, or if you are not receiving email from us. Please contact us to let us know where to find you. Your success is important to us!